You have to ensure the following requirements.
- WordPress 4.7 or higher.
- PHP 5.6 or higher. (latest WordPress recommended use PHP 7.0 or above, so if you are a user of latest version of WordPress consider it PHP 7.0 or above )
- MySQL 5.0 or higher.
- Memory Limit 128M or higher.
Below is a list of items you should ensure your host can comply with.
- Check to ensure that your web host has the minimum requirements to run WordPress.
- Always make sure they are running the latest version of WordPress.
- You can download the latest release of WordPress from official WordPress website.
- Always create secure passwords for FTP and Database.
Recommended PHP Configuration Limits :
Many issues are all related to low PHP configuration limits. The solution is to increase the PHP limits. You can do this on your own or contact your web host and ask them to increase those limits to a minimum as follows:
- max_execution_time 180
- memory_limit 128M
- post_max_size 32M
- upload_max_filesize 32M
If you need more help installing WordPress, follow the instructions in WordPress Codex. Below are all the useful links for WordPress information.